Wastewater Treatment Plant
1940 - The Bryan Wastewater
Treatment Plant with a capacity of .85 MGD (Million
Gallons per Day) is placed in operation.
1962 - Plant capacity doubled
to 1.9 MGD
1971 - An estimated 45
million gallons of untreated or partially treated
wastewater were being discharged per year. Two 2.5
MGD holding ponds and two 7.5 acre polishing ponds
were constructed to help manage high flows.
1974 - A chemical feed
building was added to enable the plant to remove
phosphorus which was now being limited by the Ohio
1975 - A liquid sludge applicator truck was
purchased and the plant began applying sludge to
1984 - Ohio EPA approved an industrial
pretreatment program designed to eliminate upsets at
the treatment plant and ensure that the plant could
meet it's discharge permit.
1988 - Major improvements were made at the
plant that increased the capacity to 3.1 MGD. A
higher level of treatment was achieved including
2005 - A state of the art
sludge dewatering facility was constructed. Liquid
sludge is processed with centrifuges and a natural
gas fired sludge dryer that produces a class "A"
sludge that is considered more environmentally
friendly than the previous class "B" sludge that was