Police Department

The mission for every member of this department is to consistently seek and find ways to affirmatively promote, preserve and deliver a feeling of security, safety and quality services to members of our community.

Additional information on our department and community activities can be found on our Facebook page. Please note: our website and Facebook page are not continuously monitored. If you need emergency assistance, please dial 911. If you need non-emergency assistance, call 419-633-6050.

Location, Hours & Contact Details

The department is located in the City of Bryan’s Police & Fire Complex at 304 West High Street. Road patrol and dispatch personnel are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Administrators work Monday-Friday.

Email us at bryanpd@cityofbryan.com. For emergencies, dial 911. For non-emergencies, call 419-633-6050 or fax 419-633-6055.

Police Roster

Chief of Police 
Gregory Ruskey

Jamie Mendez

Executive Secretary
Kristi Moor

Sergeant Jeremy Viers

Sergeant Mason Hammond

Sergeant Stephen Doctor

Ptl. Christopher Chapa

Ptl. Justin Garza

Ptl. Derek Beardsley

Ptl. John Rathke

Ptl. Matthew Sammons &
K9 Tyson

Ptl. Ross Butler

Ptl. Zachery Campbell

Ptl. Steven Graziani

Ptl. Brian Robinson &
K9 Bane

Ptl. Justin Coffman

Disp/Records Clerk Alex Smith

Dispatcher Danielle Nicholson

Dispatcher Hailey Simpson

Dispatcher Ashley Fritsch

Dispatcher Brittany Martir

PT Dispatcher Emilyanne Cox

PT Dispatcher Marissa Harris

Chaplain Michael Elkins

School Resource Officer
Reserve Adam Wheeler

School Resource Officer
Reserve Jason Randall

Code Enforcement Officer
Reserve Shaun Fulk


Autism Registration Form
If you are a caregiver for a child with autism, we encourage you to let our department know. This form is designed to open the lines of communication between families and our department and provide our officers quick access to critical information. Details such as routine/favorite attractions, communication methods and special needs can prove very valuable in an emergency situation. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to contact our department directly. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.

Business Emergency Contact Form
Do you own or manage a business within the City of Bryan? Use this form to provide a contact in case of an emergency, or if our offices find your building is unsecured. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.

Residential Alarm Information 
If you have an alarm system at your residence, we encourage you to keep your contact information on file with our department. This can help ensure quick and accurate communication in the event of an emergency or other alarm trigger. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.

Assemblage / Parade Permit
If you plan to have an event that requires an assemblage or parade in the City of Bryan, a 10 day notice must be given with details for approval. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.

Formal Complaint Process
If you have a complaint against a police department employee, you must personally appear at the Bryan Police Department to file the alleged misconduct and complete the Investigation Form. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I was involved in an automobile crash. How do I get a copy of the report?

A. Ensure the crash was handled by the Bryan Police Department. Crashes outside the city limits are handled by the Ohio State Highway Patrol or the Williams County Sheriff’s Department. Some insurance companies will obtain a copy of the report for you, so we encourage you to contact your insurance company.

If you want to work directly through our office, you may:

  • Stop Bryan Police Department and ask for a records clerk
  • Mail the request to the Bryan Police Department Attn: Records 304 West High Street Bryan, Ohio, 43506. Include a self-addressed return envelope.
  • Call and ask for records, and a copy may be faxed to you
  • Email to  bryanpolicerecords@cityofbryan.com

Before reaching out, please gather as much information as possible, including:

  • Name of the driver of the car or the owner of the car
  • Date of crash
  • Report number
Q. I received a parking ticket. How do I pay this?

A. There are two ways to pay for a parking ticket

  • Stop at the Bryan Police Department and bring a copy of the ticket. If paying by check, make payable to Bryan Police Department.
  • Send a check, a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of the receipt, and a copy of the parking ticket or the ticket number to the Bryan Police Department Attn: Records 304 West High Street, Bryan, Ohio 43506

If you do not know the parking ticket number, please provide the name of the owner of the vehicle that the parking ticket was issued to. Failure to pay parking tickets can lead to having warrants issued from the court.

Q. I received a traffic ticket. How do I pay this?

A. If you are an adult, contact the Bryan Municipal Court at 419-636-6939 prior to your court date. They will be able to advise you on the options available. These options are listed on the back of the copy of the citation that you received. You may also pay online at Bryan Municipal Court website. The Bryan Police Department may accept bond for traffic tickets after the court is closed.

Q. My son/daughter received a traffic ticket. What do I do?

A. Court dates are not listed on the bottom of the ticket for juveniles. You will receive information from the court of when to appear for the hearing.  If the person who received the citation is from Ohio, the hearing will be held in the county the child resides in. Citations issued from Bryan Police officers are sent to the Juvenile Department at the Williams County Courthouse. They may be contacted at 419-636-2934.

Q. I need a copy of a police report I made. How do I get it?

A. If it is an accident report, first contact your insurance company. Local agents may obtain a copy of the report for you.

If you want to work directly through our office, you may:

  • Stop at the Bryan Police Department and ask for the Records Clerk
  • Mail the request to the Bryan Police Department Attn: Records 304 West High Street, Bryan, Ohio 43506. Include a self-addressed return envelope.
  • Call and ask for Records and a copy may be faxed to you
  • Email bryanpolicerecords@cityofbryan.com
Q. I need to get fingerprinted for work. When can I do this?

A. Most employers are required to submit fingerprints electronically. We do not have this capability.  You must contact the Williams County Sheriff’s Department, 419-636-3151, to set up an appointment and request their payment fees.

If you live in the City of Bryan or the job is for a business inside the city limits, you may stop in anytime and request to be fingerprinted. While we do not accept appointments for fingerprinting, you can call ahead to see if an officer is available. We do not charge for this service.

Q. I need a copy of my driving record. How do I obtain this?

A. Call the local Bureau of Motor Vehicle office at 419-636-5516 or visit the BMV online. 

Q. I receive phone calls and when I answer no one is there. What is happening?

A. Many telemarketers use techniques that dial several telephone numbers simultaneously.  When one person answers the phone, the other phones are disconnected.

If you live within the City of Bryan and feel you are being harassed over the telephone or have been a victim of telephone fraud, please contact our office.